Students are ELIGIBLE to apply to Teacher Education for the Interdisciplinary Studies K-6 program upon completion of the A.S.T. degree.
If a student has NOT met the A.S.T. requirements including the GPA and passing ALL parts of the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (or being exempt by having an ACT composite score of 22 or higher OR a score of 1020 or higher on the SAT), then the student will be considered a general transfer student and different rules will apply.
ADMISSION TO TEACHER EDUCATION APPLICATIONS are in TK20.
Office of Professional Laboratory Experiences, MTSU
College of Education, 209
Criteria for Admission to Teacher Education:
Apply online using TK20
Completing an application using TK20
All components of the Application for Admission to the Teacher Education Program are in TK20.
Please follow the directions in TK20 when applying for Admission to the Teacher Education Program.
Wait until you have all components completed before SUBMITTING in TK20. You can begin the application process in TK20 and save parts completed, but click on submit when all components are finalized. This will help to efficiently process your application.
**Students entering the 2+2 program in the fall should apply for Admission to Teacher Education by October 4th.
The committee meets on the dates below to determine eligibility for Admission to Teacher Education:
1. Complete application for Teacher Education in TK20 by the following deadlines:
a. October 4 and December 4 for following spring semester
b. March 4 and May 4 for following summer semester
c. August 4 for following fall semester
2. Take and pass the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators or provide evidence of exempt status with application to the Teacher Education Office in COE 209. To be EXEMPT you have to have a composite ACT score of 22 or SAT score of 1020.
3. Have an overall GPA of at least 2.75 (this includes ALL transfer work).
4. Complete all beginning Education courses with a grade of C or higher in each course.
5. Interview with Education Panel.
6. Complete an autobiography.
7. Complete fingerprinting and background check: Information found in TK20.