Explosions can collapse buildings and cause fires. People who
live or work in a multi-level building can do the following:
- Review emergency evacuation procedures. Know where emergency
exits are located.
- Keep fire extinguishers in working order. Know where they are
located, and learn how to use them.
- Learn first aid. Contact the local chapter of the American
Red Cross for information and training.
- Building owners should keep the following items in a
designated place on each floor of the building:
- Portable, battery-operated radio and extra batteries
- Several flashlights and extra batteries
- First aid kit and manual
- Several hard hats
- Fluorescent tape to rope off dangerous areas