REGISTER @ MTSU!
Register on-campus at the following locations:
- AMERICAN DEMOCRACY PROJECT
- Honors College, Coordinator Office Room 221
- GORE CENTER
- Basement of Todd Hall
Albert Gore Research Center
- Basement of Todd Hall
- LEARNING RESOURCE CENTER
- West Lobby Room 101 -2
Your vote matters. Register to vote NOW to be ready!
YOU may register to vote if:
- you are a U.S. citizen;
- you are 18 years of age, or will be, on/or before the next election -- March 1, 2016;
- you are a resident of Tennessee;
- you have not been convicted of a felony or, if convicted, had voting rights restored
by a court order or pardon.
All four must be applicable for you to apply for registration.
Your first decision is where to vote, which determines where you will register.
- Register to vote in Rutherford County! It's easiest to vote here! Studies tell us people vote where they sleep and where they park their car at night. Let us help you get registered in Rutherford County while you are here in school at MTSU!
The Rutherford County Election Commission welcomes MTSU students to
register in Rutherford County and to participate in local, county, state and
- If you moved to Murfreesboro from another state or another Tennessee county but now reside in Rutherford County, you may register and vote in Rutherford County for as long as you live in Rutherford County.
- If you moved to Tennessee from out of state, you may choose to become a Tennessee resident, get a Tennessee driver’s license, and register and vote in Tennessee for the duration of your education.
How do I get registered in Tennessee?
There are two options to vote in elections in the State of Tennessee! The most efficient way is to use the new Online Voter Registration application portal. You may also neatly and legibly fill out an Application for Voter Registration. Your paper application must be hand-delivered or postmarked in the U.S. mail in order to get registered to vote.
The application form is short and straightforward, but can generate some confusion.
Click here to see which five areas on the application are the most frequently forgotten or overlooked - then double-check your application to make sure everything is filled out!
For detailed instructions regarding the registration application process, select the link most applicable to your living situation in the left navigation menu.
- For example, Vote --> Get Registered --> I live on campus
I still have lots of questions! Who will help me?
We'll answer all your questions
and get you registered!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at (615) 898-5877
Stop by and visit us at HARR 108
Students with questions about any election process should call the Rutherford County Election Commission at 615-898-7743, or email inquiries to email@example.com. The Election Commission office is located at 1 Public Square South, Room 103, Murfreesboro, TN 37130.
You can also check out these helpful websites: