The Middle Tennessee State University Department of Art and Design currently offers a minor in Multimedia Design. Courses offered focus on the integration of form and content to create visually engaging, yet intuitive user interfaces. Students should understand that courses in Multimedia Design do not solely focus on the technical skills needed but rather a creative application of the programs being taught.
Our facility offers two well equipped computer labs with the following resources:
- 65 Apple G5 computer work stations all running OSX
- eight 2Ghz Pentium III PCs
- 10 flatbed scanners
- two film scanners
- two 35mm slide scanners
- six black-and-white LaserWriter printers
- one duplexing 11x17 laser printer
- eight 5 megapixel digital cameras
- four Canon mini dv video cameras
- Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Macromedia Studio MX including Flash, Freehand, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, and Director
- Quark 6
- DVD Studio Pro, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Soundstudio Pro, Motion
- Microsoft Office for OSX
Faculty Teaching in Multimedia Design:
See the Student Works area of the site for examples.
Our Artist Call is Listed with...
an event featuring performance, and the spoken word,
especially as relates directly or indirectly to
communication, education, socio-economic inequities or literacy
12 Cubed Competition