Each year ASCE awards scholarships to deserving students who are enrolled at MTSU.
Funds for the scholarship are raised through special fund-raising projects and individual
The current Scholarship Committee Chair is JAMIE MORGAN, Box 93.
CAP (formerly CPS) Scholarship Guidelines and Application
- You must be an ASCE member for one year to apply for this scholarship.
- The Association of Secretarial and Clerical Employees (ASCE) at Middle Tennessee State
University is committed to provide and encourage staff development opportunities to
secretarial and clerical employees. To assist with this endeavor, ASCE is offering
two scholarships per year, based on funding, to support members with the cost of taking
the Certified Administrative Professional exam. The amount funded during the spring
and fall semesters will be the cost of the exam. The processing fee will be the responsibility
of the member.
Bonnie McHenry ASCE Scholarship Application
- This scholarship is for full or part-time MTSU Classified Employees with 1 year or
more of service.
- Dependents of MTSU Classified Employees are also eligible if they are at least a sophomore
(with 30 hours credit) and in good standing.
- Applicant must be employed at the time classes begin and are encouraged to avail themselves
of the free class offered through HRS before applying for this scholarship.
- May be awarded for graduate or undergraduate tuition or assistance with course materials
(i.e., books, labs, and such).
- This scholarship is awarded for the Fall semester, and the award is placed in the
student's account for use only if enrolled at MTSU.
- All applicants must have successfully completed previous courses funded by the Bonnie
McHenry award in order to re-apply.
- Selected by the ASCE Scholarship Committee.
- Deadline for applications is May 15 th each year.