Association of Secretarial & Clerical Employees Scholarships
Each year ASCE awards scholarships to deserving students who are enrolled at MTSU. Funds for the scholarship are raised through special fund-raising projects and individual contributions.
- You must be an ASCE member for one year to apply for this scholarship.
- The Association of Secretarial and Clerical Employees (ASCE) at Middle Tennessee State University is committed to provide and encourage staff development opportunities to secretarial and clerical employees. To assist with this endeavor, ASCE is offering two scholarships per year, based on funding, to support members with the cost of taking the Certified Administrative Professional exam or recertification. The amount funded during the spring and fall semesters will be the cost of the exam. The processing fee will be the responsibility of the member.
- This scholarship is for full or part-time MTSU Classified Employees with 1 year or more of service.
- Dependents of MTSU Classified Employees are also eligible if they are at least a sophomore (with 30 hours credit) and in good standing.
- Applicant must be employed at the time classes begin and are encouraged to avail themselves of the free class offered through HRS before applying for this scholarship.
- May be awarded for graduate or undergraduate tuition or assistance with course materials (i.e., books, labs, and such).
- This scholarship is awarded for the Fall semester, and the award is placed in the student's account for use only if enrolled at MTSU.
- All applicants must have successfully completed previous courses funded by the Bonnie McHenry award in order to re-apply.
- Selected by the ASCE Scholarship Committee.
- Deadline for applications is May 15th each year.