What do you think Audit and Consulting Services is all about?
- You may think that Audit & Consulting Services conducts the University's financial audit.
- You may think that Audit & Consulting Services is part of the Business Office.
- You may think that Audit & Consulting Services counts supplies and looks for equipment.
- You may think that Audit & Consulting Services will keep your department from its everyday activities.
- You may think that you should do anything you can to never hear from Audit & Consulting Services .
All of the above perceptions are either mistaken or over-simplified as we hope this website will make clear. In actuality, Audit & Consulting Services has a broad mandate from the Tennessee Board of Regents and the University to serve all levels of management from the financial and operational points of view.
Our former name of "Internal Audit" has been expanded to "Audit & Consulting Services" to better reflect the full range of services this office can provide to you.
The University's Office of Audit and Consulting Services has a mission to assist all levels of management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities. Yes, we have some work that we are required to do, but we are also a service unit organized to help and consult with deans, department chairs, and other administrators, in addition to senior management and the Audit Committee of the Tennessee Board of Regents.
Please explore our website and contact us if we can be of assistance to you.