Taskforce on Guide to Best Practices
- What are the characteristics of a good mission statement?
- How can we make sure the mission remains a focus of faculty and administrators?
- How can we make sure the mission is shared with new faculty?
- How can we make sure the mission is communicated to students?
See Mission Answers >>
- Why is it necessary for our program to identify goals?
- What are the characteristics of a well written goal?
- How can we make sure our goals are aligned with the mission?
- How can we determine if our goals are sequenced properly?
- How can we make sure that the goals are addressed by faculty and students?
See Goals Answers >>
- If we have a list of goals, why are objectives needed?
- What are the characteristics of a well written objective?
- How can we make sure that the objectives are aligned with our goals?
- How can we make sure the objectives for each course are aligned with program objectives?
- How can we make sure course objectives are communicated to new faculty?
- How can course objectives be communicated to students?
- Is there a procedure to ensure that program objectives are addressed in all sections
of a course?
- Some of the tests our students take are not developed by us and may not be tied to
our program objectives. How can we make sure our students perform well on them?
See Objectives Answers >>
- What is the relationship between instruction and objectives?
- How can we share effective instructional strategies/ activities with all faculty members?
- Why is it important to examine the activities that are assigned to students throughout
- How can we make sure that learning becomes more sophisticated as students progress
through our program?
See Instruction Answers >>
- Is Assessment aligned with goals/objectives?
- Is assessment ongoing and summative?
- Is there a performance element to the assessment of skills?
- Do students approach each assessment seriously?
See Assessment Answers >>