Orientation to the University
Middle Tennessee State University, situated at the geographic center of the state in Murfreesboro, is the oldest and largest institution in the Tennessee Board of Regents system. With an enrollment of more than 22,000 students, it is the No. 1 producer of graduates for the Greater Nashville economy, the No. 1 choice of the state’s transfer students, the No. 1 choice of adult learners and has the state’s largest population of international students.
Quick Links about MTSU
- Statements on our Mission, Purpose, Vision and Community Standards
- Top 10 Things about MTSU
- Video Introduction to the MTSU Campus
- Interactive Map of the MTSU Campus
- A Brief History of MTSU
- Institutional Disclosures for Consumers
Overview of MTSU's Top Priorities
- The Quest for Student Success, launched in 2013, has guided the campus in its efforts to improve the retention and graduation of its students.
- The Academic Master Plan, updated in 2015, is the roadmap for setting academic goals, objectives and allocating its resources.
- The President’s Biennial Report, updated in 2016, provides a summary of progress by the university.
- The President’s Newsletter, issued at the start of the Fall and Spring semesters, provides regular updates to campus.
In addition to the Office of the President, the University administration is divided into five divisions, charged with academic affairs; business and finance; information technology; marketing and communications; student affairs and enrollment services; and University advancement. Click here for more information on the divisions.
Other Helpful Resources
- The MTSU Fact Book, published annually during the fall semester, provides comprehensive information and easy access to the most frequently requested information about the University. In addition to general information, data are provided on various components of the University such as admissions, enrollment, academic degree programs, faculty and staff, alumni, centers and chairs, budget and financial, and facilities.
- MTSU Magazine is the premier print publication for Middle Tennessee State University. Published by the Division of Marketing and Communications, the general-interest periodical is distributed at least two times a year with special, additional issues as required. It is mailed to most MTSU alumni.
- MTSU News is the primary outlet for news and information about MTSU people, events and activities. Updated daily, it is maintained by the Office of News and Media Relations in the Division of Marketing and Communications.
- To plan your visit, a campus map can be downloaded here.