Online 1098-T Process & Frequently Asked Questions
~MTSU Bursar'S Office Going GREEN~
In an effort to be more environmentally conscious, the Bursar's Office is now providing
students with the option to receive their 1098-T tax form online via RaiderNet instead
of by postal mail. This initiative is an effort undertaken by the Bursar's Office
to reduce the amount of paper and other materials used in furnishing over 35,000 1098-T
forms per year. MTSU is required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to provide
these forms each tax year.
New Electronic 1098-T Tax Form Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How can I receive a paper copy of my 1098-T tax form?
2. How do I withdraw my consent to receive my 1098-T tax form on RaiderNet?
3. What are the reasons why the Bursar's Office would stop furnishing my 1098-T electronically?
4. How do I update my personal information that is used on my 1098-T tax form?
5. What are the system requirements to view my 1098-T tax form on RaiderNet?
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) 1
. You can print your online 1098-T from RaiderNet anytime on or after January 31 for
each tax year.
Any student who would like to receive a paper copy of their 1098-T tax form from
the Bursar's Office should contact a representative at 615-898-2761 or via email at
. You can also make the request in person by visiting our office in in the Cope Administration
Building, Room 103. Our Office hours are 8 am - 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. Keep
in mind that a request for a paper copy does not rescind your consent to receive it
online through RaiderNet.
2. A student may withdraw their consent to receive their 1098-T tax form online at
anytime during the year. All requests should be made in writing by email or postal
mail. The contents of the request should include the student's name, M Number, and
the reason for withdrawing their consent. Emails should be sent to email@example.com.
Forms are available in the Bursar's Office for students who want to rescind their
consent on site.
3. The Bursar's Office will cease to furnish an online 1098-T tax form if a student meets
one or both of the criteria list below. Any student who falls into one of these categories
will have their 1098-T sent by postal mail.
- Any student who withdraws their consent to receive their 1098-T tax form through
- Any student who withdraws from MTSU and does not re-enroll during the tax year.
4. Students can update their personal information on RaiderNet under the "Personal Information"; tab.
5. Any current student or graduate of MTSU can access their online 1098-T tax form
through RaiderNet. System requirements are the student's username and password to
PipelineMT. PipelineMT can be accessed from any computer connected to the Internet.
Various web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Safari, and Firefox, can be used
to visit the PipelineMT web page.