PROCEDURES FOR RECEIVING FINANCIAL AID REFUNDS
All students receiving a financial aid refund need to sign up for direct deposit via
RaiderNet. You must use your personal checking or savings account.
PLEASE NOTE: Before entering your direct deposit information, be sure to verify with
your bank or credit union the routing number and account number you should enter for
ACH transactions. Be aware that not all accounts allow ACH transactions. DO NOT enter the account number from your debit/bank card. The number printed on your card is not a valid bank account number.
To create your direct deposit account, you must do the following:
- Access your RaiderNet account via www.mtsu.edu.
- Select the "Student" tab.
- Select "Student Account."
- Select "Set Up Direct Deposit."
- Click "Continue."
- Select the "eRefunds" tab then click "Set up Account" button.
- Enter in your bank routing number (click "View example" for details) and your checking
or savings account number. (DO NOT use your account number on your bank card). Enter
in the name and billing address on the bank account.
- Enter a nickname for your payment method such as "Primary Checking" then click "Continue."
- Read the authorization agreement and click the "I Agree" box and click "Continue."
- Your account will take up to 4 business days to prenote and will then be ready to
receive your refund beginning the first day of the semester.
For more information about direct deposit options for financial refunds, go to Frequently Asked Questions.