Graduate Business Studies
The Jennings A. Jones College of Business is accredited through both the Southern
Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and AACSB International - The Association
to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Business degree programs require a satisfactory
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score and a bachelor's degree.
Admission is based on a GMAT index score of 950 (200 x undergraduate grade point average
+ GMAT score must be equal or greater than 950). A minimum score of 400 is required
on the GMAT. Students are required to complete the degree within six years of their
first core class.
Business Degree Programs
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Accountancy (MAcc)
- Master of Science in Information Systems (MS)
- Master of Science in Management (MS)
Graduate Programs in Economics and Business Education
The graduate programs in economics and business education are not included in the
AACSB accreditation of the College. The programs are located within the Department of Economics and Finance and the Department of Business Communication and Entrepreneurship.
- The graduate advisor for the M.B.A. degree is Dr. Kim Sokoya. Chrissy Koepfgen, graduate analyst, or Dr. Sokoya can be reached at (615) 898-2964 for advising services.
- The Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program is advised by Dr. Terry Ward, (615) 898-2341.
- Dr. Jeff Clark, (615) 898-2838, advises students in the Master of Science in Information Systems
- The MA, MBE, and PhD degrees are advised through the department offices. Dr. Mark Owens, (615) 898-5617, is the advisor for the Master of Arts in Economics and PhD in Economic
programs. Dr. Stephen Lewis, (615) 898-2902, is the advisor for the Master of Business Education degree.
- The MS in Management advisor is Dr. Dan Morrell, (615 ) 494-7758. Carrie Phillips, secretary, (615) 494-8864, can also provide information.