Jennings A. Jones College Of Business
Integrating Technology in Teaching & Research
University Computer Lab is open 24/7
Student Centered Learning Environment
Computer Lab Demo Rooms
Master Classrooms equipped with State of the art Technologies
iPad Class Program Guidelines
Proposals should include a rationale for how the use of technology supports, complements
or enhances course objectives. Example items for the proposal are:
- Name of teacher, department
- Course name and number, term, enrollment and classroom number
- Learning goals or outcomes. Examples are:
- Promote active learning
- Promote collaborative learning
- Addresses “new millennium” learners
- e-Book component
- Brief description of the type of "integrated mobile" activities planned, i.e.
- Interactive Presentations using the iPad,
- Real-time polling,
- In-class/off-class quizzes,
- Group projects, etc.
Proposals should be submitted by established deadlines. Selected proposal’s teacher
will receive iPad training and an iPad for the semester.
Proposal Ranking Rationale
The ranking of the proposals will be based on the following:
- Implementation issues associated with classroom setup.
- Evidence of unique and innovative iPad application use.
- Probability of providing findings that could be applied to enhance student learning
and iPad program.
- Priority will be given to first time proposals.
Only one iPad program will be available every semester. This program will be reviewed
annually based on previous feedback.
Selected faculty member is responsible for working with program manager to:
- Provide classroom location
- Provide list of students
- Coordinate checkout and check in dates
- Coordinate and receive faculty training
- Provide instructions and distributing contracts to students
- Coordinate and administer feedback survey to students
- Make sure students return devices to the Businesslab on time
- Participate in iPad Class sharing sessions or mentoring activities