Jennings A. Jones College Of Business
Integrating Technology in Teaching & Research
University Computer Lab is open 24/7
Student Centered Learning Environment
Computer Lab Demo Rooms
Master Classrooms equipped with State of the art Technologies
BAS Computer Lab Usage Policy
Valid MTSU ID strictly required for entrance to this University Computer Lab
- Turn cell phones off or set to vibrate.
- Keep voices low in consideration of others.
- Set the volume low on audio devices to prevent sound bleeding from headphones or earbuds.
Food, Drink and Related Items
- No food allowed. Drinks limited to no spill containers only.
- Place drink containers and other trash in designated bins.
- This is a tobacco-free building.
Safety and Security
- No loitering. Activities that are loud, disruptive or otherwise hinder normal use
of the Computer Lab by others are prohibited.
- In case of an alarm, tornado warning or other emergency, follow instructions from
- Service animals are the only animals permitted in the building.
- Surveillance equipment may be in use.
- Violation of Computer Lab or University Policy will be investigated by the staff using
procedures established in the Student Handbook and other publications.
- Lab Assistants are not responsible for items left in the Computer Lab.
Computer Use Policies
- No software can be loaded, unloaded, or copied to/from any PC without prior approval
of the computer lab Director.
- MTSU computer lab personnel are not responsible for problems caused by computer viruses,
improper use of the equipment or loss of data due to equipment malfunction or for
any other reason.
- Lab Assistants are not responsible for work left unattended at a computer.
- Lab Assistants are not responsible for items left in the computer lab.
- MTSU students performing research and class work have priority for computer use. Others
may be asked to relinquish their computer.
- Computer Lab staff will use their discretion in determining if computer use is appropriate
during times of high demand.
- The University’s Information Technology Resources Policy applies to all use of Computer Lab computers.
- The Computer Lab does not monitor information accessed from public computers and cannot
be held accountable for the actions of individual users.
- Observe relevant copyright laws and regulations.
- Free printing in the Computer Lab is funded by student fees for instructional purposes
- Users may be restricted on the amount and types of materials that can be printed from
the Internet and other sources.
- The BAS University Computer Lab does not support the printing of private, personal,
sensitive, or confidential information in the lab. Students who choose to print sensitive
documents or information do so at their own risk and must assume responsibility for
disposing of it properly. The BAS Computer Lab cannot be held responsible or liable
for loss or theft of sensitive information.
Team Study Room
- The team study room is reserved on a first come, first served basis.
- Groups of two or more students have priority for use of team study room. Single users
may be asked to move.
- Specific policies and procedures apply for the Team Study Room Policy.
MTSU campus police will be called at the discretion of Computer Lab Staff.