Using FTP to download files from the S-Drive (S:)
NOTE: THE FTP SERVICE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED DUE TO SECURITY REASONS.
The computer lab allows access to the S-Drive (S:) through the Internet. You will use this method if you don't have access to the S-Drive (S:) from your computer. This is the case if you use your computer at home, office, or dorm. To access the S-Drive (S:) you will need a computer with a modem, Internet connection and any FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program.
Downloading and Installing FTP Program
- Download the WSFTP program to access the S-Drive.
Example of Connecting to the S-Drive (S:) using WS-FTP
- Connect to the Internet as you normally do.
- Use your FTP program to connect to the S-Drive (S:). The session details are (use
- Host: raptor1.bizlab.mtsu.edu
- User ID and Password: provided to students only
- You should see a screen similar to this.
- Change to any teacher subdirectory and select the file(s) you need to download.
- Download files to your home computer by selecting them from the right window and clicking the left arrow key
Please notice that if you do not have FTP you can use any web browser.
The S-Drive (S:) is intended to be used only for academic purposes. No private, sensitive or confidential information should be saved or shared through this network resource. The COB Business Computer Lab is not responsible or liable for the privacy, data security implications nor the contents of the documents.