Master Classrooms Audio Troubleshooting
- Units with AMX Touch Panel Controls
All master classrooms use a AMX Touch Panel screen to control all audio/visual equipment in the master classroom. The end-user must use the AMX touch panel to control the video and audio of all components and should not use the controls in the equipment rack.
- No audio from computer.
Check the audio cable is connected to the audio card in the expansion slot in the back of the computer, not the audio connectors in the motherboard of the teacher computer. All teacher computers have a expansion audio card; the audio cable (that goes to the equipment rack) must be connected to the "green" connector in the audio card.
- Master Classrooms with TOA mixer
- Check the red power led in the right side of the amplifier is on.
- Check the Computer (Input 1) / VCR (Input 2) volume are set midway (above zero).
- Check the Master volume (right side of unit) is set midway (above zero).
- Check the audio output cable in the back of the computer is properly connected.
- Check the Speakers A is ON. There are speakers only in A, so SPEAKERS B needs to be OFF.
- Master Classrooms with DENON mixer amplifier
- Check the red power led (ON/STANDBY) in the right side of the amplifier is on.
- Check if the SPEAKERS A and B buttons are depressed. There are speakers only in A, so SPEAKERS B needs to be OFF. (Although setting both on seems to also work sometimes.)
- Check the Master volume (right side of unit) is up very loud
- This unit needs the audio control up very high.
- Press the TV/DBS button for computer audio. (Although some rooms are set to use CD for the pc.)
- Press the VCR button for video (VCR/DVD) audio.
- Press the "STEREO" button.
- Check the TAPE MON is OFF.
- Press MD/TAPE MON button twice to verify and change the status.
- Check the Input is set to Analog.