ROLL is brought to you by Middle Tennessee Outdoor Pursuits.
The goals we have for individuals who participate in ROLL are:
- To create a positive transition into campus life at MTSU by fostering connections between the new students and existing campus community
- To teach the traditions and heritage of MTSU and instill school spirit and Blue Raider Pride in the students
- To build confidence in the student's current leadership abilities and introduce basic leadership skills that will enable them to become strong leaders at MTSU
- To introduce students to leadership opportunities at MTSU and encourage their participation in these opportunities
- To provide a safe non-coercive environment that promotes learning, challege and fun
A key element of ROLL is that students get involved through campus organizations and by attending athletic and cultural events to immerse themselves in MTSU student life. Students also participate in service learning opportunities that benefit the community.
ROLL was established in 2001 and since that time has evolved into a tradition for incoming freshman at Middle Tennessee State University. ROLL has been through numerous changes over the years from camping, to ropes courses, 100 students to 25 elite students, and now 50 students in the Outdoor Experience.
ROLL Members are from all over the US: