Clinics & Conferences
Kayak Roll Clinics
Whether you are a novice or experienced kayaker, we offer a clinic at our indoor pool for anyone wanting to learn more about how to safely roll outdoor equipment.
Classes Begin: Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017
- Time: Wednesdays, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Place: Rec Center Indoor Pool
- Cost: Free for students; $3 for guests
- Register: None necessary
Please read over the Kayak Roll Clinic policies before coming.
Wilderness First Responder
Next Course: May 2018
This is a nationally recognized program that trains participants to respond to emergencies in remote settings. The course is designed specifically to provide you with the tools to make critical medical and evacuation decisions in remote locations. The 80-hour curriculum includes standards for urban and extended-care situations.
Special topics include but are not limited to:
- Wound management and infection
- Realigning fractures and dislocations
- Improvised splinting techniques
- Patient monitoring and long-term management problems
- Up-to-date information on all environmental emergencies
- Advice on drug therapies
- Adult CPR training
Emphasis is placed on prevention and decision-making, not the memorization of lists. Half of your time will be spent completing practical skills, case studies, and scenarios designed to challenge your decision-making abilities.