Policy and Procedures
Review our policies and procedures and let us know if you have any questions.
Job Posting Policy
Due to the increasing number of fraudulent positions, phishing scams, and questionable opportunities; the Career Development Center staff reviews every position before posting to students.
Employers should adhere to AA/EEO guidelines and the principles set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) regarding professional standards and ethical conduct. Job postings appearing to discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or gender will not be approved.
Conditions for Posting in Lightning JobSource:
- Provide a physical, commercial address, valid URL, and a complete organization description.
- Specific contact individual named, including corporate email address in which the domain name matches the organization’s website. If URL and contact email address domain do not match, additional verification time is necessary.
- Postings will include a clear and concise description of the available position.
- Third party recruiters must disclose the hiring client name in the position title to be considered for approval.
Types of Opportunities Not Posted:
- In-home services at private residents such as tutoring, cleaning personal care, or yard work.
- Home-based businesses without a commercial location.
- Multi-level marketing/sales; any business opportunity requiring an investment; soliciting business from MTSU students.
- International employment, teach abroad, or study abroad opportunities.
- Positions from other job boards or web sites.
- Unpaid internships at for-profit organizations or commission only.
- Internships conducted virtually or appear to be self-directed (However, these would qualify for student employment).
We reserve the right to refuse postings that do not support the interests of the University.
Room Reservations for On-Campus Interviews Policy
Interview rooms are available to employers to interview students on campus.
- Reservations available for fall and spring terms.
- Contact Career Center to reserve rooms (email@example.com). Directions and parking information will be sent to employer by the Career Center.
- The employer may post a position(s) to collect resumes and schedule interview times directly with students.
- All Interviews will begin no earlier than 8:30 a.m. and end by 4:00 p.m.
- Only MTSU students and alumni will be interviewed.
Outstanding Payment Policy
Employers with unpaid bills from previous career fairs or other recruiting services will not be allowed to continue recruiting. This includes future career fairs.