What is Lightning JobSource?
The MTSU Career Development Center utilizes the Symplicity software to power Lightning JobSource. Below are a few of the highlights of this system :
- Post your job opportunities for MTSU students.
- Schedule on-campus recruiting date(s).
- Monitor resume submissions and interview schedules.
- Review resumes and select interviewees.
- Search Web Resume Books.
- Register for career fairs.
Open a Lightning JobSource Account!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I open an account?
How do I post an open position with the Career Center?
How do I set up On-Campus Interviews? (Get complete details)
Where do I find career fair information and registration?
Important: Ho w do I ensure emails through Lightning JobSource are not blocked?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I open an employer account? ( Back to Top)
- Click on the "Open Lightning JobSource" link above.
- Click on the Register tab.
- You will be asked to fill out a registration form.
- Your USERNAME will be your e-mail address. You will be assigned an initial password
which you will be able to change. This password will be emailed to you.
- IMPORTANT - Your password is not viewable in the system. Please choose a password
you will remember and/or write it down. Neither you nor our office will be able to
view it from your account.
- If you forget your password, you'll need to click on the "Forgot my Password" tab
on the Lightning JobSource login page to have your password reset and emailed to you.
How do I post an open position with the Career Center? ( Back to Top)
- Log in to Lightning JobSource, click the "jobs" link on the toolbar, then either Single
School Postings or Multi-School Postings (paid).
- Click "Add New" to post a new job, or choose to edit your existing jobs.
- NOTE : the MTSU Career Development Center does not post positions for third-party staffing
agencies unless the position requires working directly for the staffing agency or
if the client company is included in the posting. See the Job Posting Policy and Employer Use Statement for complete details.
Things to Consider:
- To post a job with MTSU only, there is NO CHARGE. However, if want the job posting
to appear at all NACElink schools, there is a fee charged by NACE.
- Keep in mind that the more qualifiers you require (i.e., GPA, graduation date, major,
etc.), the fewer resumes you will receive.
- If you mark a job as "Restricted," only those students who meet your criteria exactly
will be able to submit resumes.
- Students show more interest when salary information is provided.
How do I set up On-Campus Interviews? ( Back to Top)
To request a schedule for on-campus interviews, log in to Lightning JobSource. Then
click the "on-campus recruiting (OCR)" link on the top toolbar. Under the Schedules
tab, click the Request a Schedule button and complete the short OCR request form.
A staff member will contact you concerning your request. If you have any questions,
you may contact the recruiting coordinator by email or at 615-898-2862. Our Recruiting Coordinator will contact you concerning the details
of the request. Meanwhile, login to Lightning JobSource and post the position for
which you wish to conduct interviews. Once the job is in Lightning JobSource, we simply
attach an online interview schedule and publicize the event to students.
Where do I find career fair information and registration? ( Back to Top)
Once you have logged in to Lightning JobSource, click the "events" link on the top
toolbar. Then, click the Career Fair tab. For an overview of all MTSU fairs, visit
annual MTSU Career Fairs.