Forms and Documents Often Used in Experiential Learning Programs
Below are example forms and documents for use in internship and co-op programs. Many of these can be used interchangeably between internships and co-ops as both are forms of experiential learning (See Internship Definition for details). The MTSU Career Development Center does not evaluate students' progress or assign grades. Those are functions required for granting credit and would be administered by each academic department. These are provided as a resource to employers and/or academic departments who may want to create their own documents.
- Co-op Full Time Form - This form is completed by the Faculty Adviser on all full-time (alternating) co-op students and sent to the Records Office. It is confirmation for the purpose of certifying enrollment in special MTSU approved programs to defer repayment of financial aid or to distribute financial aid.
- Faculty Outcome Summary Report
- Position Description Form
- Work Agreement
- Learning Contract
- Learning Contract Example Completed by Student
- Employer/Supervisor's Final Evaluation of Co-op (Example 1)
- Employer/Supervisor's Final Evaluation of Co-op (Example 2)
- Intent to Co-op (for current students)
- Time and Attendance Log
- Student Evaluation of Co-op Experience (Example 1)
- Student Evaluation of Co-op Experience (Example 2)
- Student Final Report Outline
Developing and Managing Internship and Co-op Programs
- Keep Building Relationships With Interns Who Return to Campus. Spotlight for Recruiting Professionals, August 19,2015
- Tips for Developing an Internship Program Schedule, Spotlight for Recruiting Professionals, December 10, 2014
- Key Items to Document for Your Internship Program, Spotlight for Recruiting Professionals,November 7, 2012
- 15 Best Practices for Internship Programs, Excerpted from Building a Premier Internship Program: A Practical Guide for Employers, National Association of Colleges and Employers.
- Leveraging Cooperative Education to Guide Curricular Innovation - University of Cincinnati, Center for Cooperative Education Research and Innovation
- Co-op Manual - Canadian Association for Cooperative Education Programs