Fraud, Waste, & Abuse
Below are resources and articles regarding fraud, waste, and abuse risks and avoidance in Higher Education.
- Combatting Fraud, Waste, and Abuse in Higher Education
- MTSU Audit and Consulting Services Fraud Hotline and Awareness Information
- Tennessee Higher Education Commission and Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation - Preventing Fraud, Waste, Abuse, Informational Pamphlet (Feb. 2017).
- Education Statistics Among Occupational Fraud Cases - Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Report to the Nations on Occupational Fraud and Abuse: 2016 Global Fraud Study (2016).
- Athletics Fraud - Palmer, Tod. NCAA investigating alleged fraud at Mizzou, The Kansas City Star (Nov. 22, 2016).
- Athletics Fraud - New, Jake. An 'Epidemic' of Academic Fraud, Inside Higher Ed (July 8, 2016).
- Fraud Detection and Avoidance Best Practices - Gabriel, Anne Rawland. 8 Ways to Deter and Detect Campus Fraud, University Business (Jan. 6, 2014).
- Fraud Case Examples - Vazquez, Yasmin. The Fraud Curve: White Collar Crime in Higher Education, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.