Students will be effective communicators.
1. Students will write effective business documents.
Measured in BCEN 3510 using a rubric to evaluate letters written by students
2. Students will deliver professional business presentations.
Measured in BCEN 3510 using a rubric to evaluate student presentations
3. Students will prepare effective, professional job search documents.
Measured in BCEN 3510 using a rubric to evaluate student resumes
INTERNAL BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT KNOWLEDGE
Students will identify and understand the internal factors affecting the business environment and their impact on organizations.
1. Students will apply relevant ethical concepts to making business decisions.
Measured in MGMT 3610 using a rubric to evaluate students' case analyses
2. Students will apply the strategic marketing process including identifying a target market and developing a product, price, distribution, and promotional strategy to meet the target market's needs.
Measured in MKT 3820 using course-embedded questions
3. Students will prepare basic financial statements, including a balance sheet, income statement and statement of owner's equity.
Measured in ACTG 2110
4. Students will apply basic managerial accounting concepts to make internal business decisions.
Measured in ACTG 2120
5. Students will describe the benefits of integrating information systems into the business environment.
Measured in INFS 3100 using course-embedded test questions
EXTERNAL BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT KNOWLEDGE
Students will be able to identify and understand the external factors affecting businesses and their environment.
1. Students will apply economic principles to current issues in a global environment.
Measured in ECON 2410 and ECON 2420 using course-embedded test questions
2. Students will demonstrate appropriate knowledge of core content areas in a global business environment.
Measured in BUAD 4980 using a course-embedded exam
3. Students will identify and apply basic concepts pertaining to the legal and regulatory environment of business and analyze the potential threats and opportunities to the organization from the changing legal environment.
Measured in BLAW 3400 using course-embedded test questions
CRITICAL ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING
Students will be skilled in the use of appropriate analytical and quantitative techniques in problem solving and decision making.
1. Students will select appropriate analysis techniques to analyze problem data.
Measured in QM 3620 using course-embedded test questions
2. Students will analyze, interpret, and communicate financial statement data.
Measured in FIN 3010 using a course-embedded exam
3. Students will propose and evaluate alternative solutions for decision making.
Measured in BUAD 4980 using a course-embedded project