Department of Computer Information Systems
The Accelerated Bachelor’s / Master’s (ABM) program allows undergraduate students an opportunity to complete the requirements for both the bachelor’s and master’s degrees in a compressed time frame. Participating undergraduate students may count up to 12 graduate credit hours toward the requirements of both the Bachelor’s of Business Administration and Master’s of Science degrees in Computer Information Systems. (pictured from left is Dr. Amy Harris, Nathan Neely, our first ABM student, and Dr. Charles Apigian)
- Formal application to an ABM program can be made at any time, but will not be formally accepted until completion of a minimum of seventy-five (75) credit hours in the undergraduate program (including advanced placement credits).
- Applicants should also have at least two full-time semesters of undergraduate coursework remaining at the time of application.
- Transfer students must also have completed a minimum of two semesters as a full-time student at MTSU.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.25/4.0 at the
time they apply to the ABM program.
Formal admission to an ABM program requires the following.
Admission to the College of Graduate Studies, including:
- Submission of an application for admission to the College of Graduate Studies.
- Payment of application fee.
- Official transcripts of all previous college transcripts.
- Any other application documents required by the graduate program.
- Want to learn more? Stop by the CIS office (BAS N331) for more information and to schedule an personal appointment with our ABM advisor, Dr. Stan Gambill.