Minor in Information Systems
Why Minor in Information Systems?
Simple, everyone needs to know how to use and leverage technology. so whether you are majoring in another business field, criminal justice, electronic media, psychology, or any other field, Informations Systems is a great compliment.
A minor in Information Systems consists of 15 semester hours of coursework in information systems, 9 hours of which must be taken at MTSU (3 of those must be 3000 division or higher). A 2.00 GPA is required in the Information Systems minor.
An elective business minor may be chosen, but additional minor(s) require total hours for graduation to exceed 120.
Talk to your major advisor today about a minor in Information Systems or call us at 615.898.2362.
- INFS 3100 - Principles of Management Information Systems 3 credit hours
- INFS upper-division elective 6 credit hours (3000 or 4000 level from the list below)
Requires 9 hours of approved information systems electives, such as:
- INFS 2200 - Intro to Micro computing
- INFS 2400 - Web Development
- INFS 2600 - Programming Logic with VB.Net
- INFS 3200 - Business Application Development
- INFS 3400 - Object Oriented Programming with C#.NET
- INFS 3450 - Mobile Applications Development
- INFS 3800 - Project Management and System Development
- INFS 4790 - Database Design and Development
- INFS 4900 - Business Data Communications
- INFS 3500 - Knowledge Management Systems
- INFS 4300 - Security Assurance for Information Systems Audit
- INFS4310 - Introduction to Digital Forensics
Recommended IS Minor Tracks
|Information Systems Minor Track||Managerial IS Minor Track||Technical Is Minor Track|
Call us at 615.898.2362
email us at