"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one." --- Malcolm Forbes
"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." --- Marie Curie
- Drexel University Animal Care Occupational Safety Tutorial and Exam
- National Academy Press. "Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals"
- National Animal Welfare Education Program
- National Association for Biomedical Research, "The Humane Care and Treatment of Laboratory Animals"
- National Association for Biomedical Research, "Regulation of Biomedical Research Using Animals"
- Animal Care and Use Training: CITI Program
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of Health and Safety, Safety Training
- John Hopkins Health, Safety & Environment Department, Biosafety Training
Human Subject Research
- The Belmont Report: Ethical Principles and Guidelines for the Protection of Human Subjects of Biomedical and Behavioral Research
- Cornell University, University Committee on Human Subjects Training Program for Social and Behavioral Sciences
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Human Participant Protection for Research Teams
- Human Subject Regulations Decision Charts
- Human Subject Protection Training
If you have any questions, need to report an adverse event, and/or seek further clarification, please do not hesitate to call (615) 494-8918 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any concerns regarding integrity and ethics in research and scholarship at MTSU, please do not hesitate to call (615) 494-8918 or e-mail email@example.com. The confidentiality of anyone who contacts the office will be protected under the Whistleblower Protection Act. Working together we will promote the highest standard of integrity and ethics in research and scholarship.