Policies and Procedures
The following includes MTSU Policies and Standards, State of Tennessee, Tennessee Board of Regents and MTSU policies and procedures. They are available for online viewing and printing. Please contact the Contract Office at (615) 898-2088 for more information. Also see forms for contract forms.
Key Contracting Restraints
- Consultants may not be hired if services can be satisfactorily and economically provided
by an agency of the State of Tennessee (including another University department).
- A services contract cannot be used in lieu of proper employment of an employee through
Human Resources. Generally, an individual is an employee when the University has
the right to control and direct the details and means by which the results of a job
are to be accomplished. This includes, but is not limited to the following criteria:
the right to determine when, where and how services are rendered; the right to discharge
the worker; furnishing tools; furnishing a place to work; setting hours of work; expenses
are paid by the University; the worker's services are integrated into the University's
business; and the worker has the right to terminate the relationship without incurring
a liability for failure to complete a job.
- Services must be procured through the purchase order bid process where appropriate.
Please contact Procurement Logistics Services or the Contract Office, if needed, to
determine if the service is amenable to bidding.
- A services contract cannot be used to secure the services of current State or University
employees or employees terminated within the last six (6) months. "Employee" includes
full or part-time faculty, staff, student employees and graduate assistants.
- Contract payments cannot be made in advance of service. Payment can only be made after completion of services.
|MT$ource Contract Processing|
MTSU Policy 630
MTSU Policy 600
|Procurement and Contracts Standards
MTSU Policy 631