The PRAXIS Series tests are for those seeking admission to teacher education programs, or seeking teacher certification/licensure. PRAXIS testing is normally administered in the Keathley University Center.
- PPST (Pre-Professional Skills Test): The PPST consists of 3 tests: Reading, Writing, and Math. Students scoring less than
22 on the ACT are required to take the PPST before being admitted to the MTSU Teacher
Preparation for PPST
- Specialty Tests: Tests required for certification depend upon the areas in which you seek licensure,
and vary by state. For Tennessee certification, confirm the tests required with your
advisior, the state of Tennessee (615-532-4880 or 615-532-4885), or with the MTSU
- PLT (Principles of Learning and Teaching): The PLT is given in four forms: Early Childhood, K-6, 5-9, or 7-12.
- You must bring a current, unexpired driver's license or passport with you when you take the test.
- You may contact the test company at 800-PRAXIS6. The PRAXIS web site is the best way to get the latest PRAXIS testing information, news, test preparation materials and more.