|CUSTOMS is the Middle Tennessee State University new student orientation program.
CUSTOMS orientations are offered on different dates .
The CUSTOMS office is located in Keathley University Center room 326. Regular office
hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Our office phone number is 615-898-5533.
Our staff welcomes your questions and comments.
The mission of the Middle Tennessee State University orientation program, CUSTOMS,
is to facilitate the transition of new undergraduate students into the university;
prepare new students for the institution's educational opportunities; and initiate
the integration of new undergraduate students into the intellectual, cultural, and
social climate of the institution. The CUSTOMS program falls in line with the overall
mission of the university to provide student support services that create a campus
environment conducive to learning and personal development.
The CUSTOMS Program will:
- assist new students in understanding the purposes of higher education and the mission
of the institution;
- assist new students in understanding their responsibilities within the educational
- provide new students with information about academic policies, procedures, requirements,
and programs sufficient to make well-reasoned and well-informed choices;
- inform new students about the availability of services and programs;
- assist new students in becoming familiar with the campus and local environment;
- provide intentional opportunities for new students to interact with faculty, staff,
and continuing students;
- provide new students with information and opportunities for self-assessment; and
- provide relevant orientation information and activities to the new students' primary
support group (e.g., parents, guardians, spouses, children).
Meet our staff...
| CUSTOMS dedicated staff includes students, faculty and administrators.
Student Orientation Assistants (SOAs) lead the sessions and provide new students with the inside look at student
life at MTSU.