D2L/Brightspace Corporate Documentation
You may access the general link to all D2L Documentation created by D2L/Brightspace (faculty - look through the Instructor Guides; students - look through the Learner Guides) or follow the links below to locate documentation about specific tools for students and instructors. If you prefer watching videos to reading documentation check out the D2L video resources.
D2L Documentation for Students
Note: Use the table of contents to jump to a particular topic.
- Assessments - Awards, Dropbox (also called Assignments within the document), Grades, Quizzes, Self Assessments, etc.
- Collaboration and Communication - Blog, Chat, Classlist, Discussion, Email, News (also called Announcements within the document)
- Course Content - Calendar, Content, Video Note
- Mobile Apps - Pulse, Binder
D2L Documentation for Instructors
- Assessments - Awards, Dropbox, Grades, Quizzes, Self Assessments, etc.
- How to assess Discussion submissions - Opens in a New Window (Note: but don't tie rubrics to the discussion boards, instead tie them to the associated grade column, otherwise students will not see the rubric feedback.)
- How to assess dropbox submissions - Opens in a New Window
- How to drop grade items from a category in your gradebook - Opens in a New Window
- How to create assessment items - Opens in a New Window
- How to assess quiz submissions - Opens in a New Window
- Collaboration and Communication - Blog, Chat, Classlist, Discussion, Email, News
- Course Design
- Course Planning
- Creating Course Content
- TurnItIn - Originality Reports - Grademark
D2L ePortfolio Documentation