The Testing Process - Policies
- All exams/quizzes must be scheduled at least three (3) business days in advance (excluding
holidays and weekends.
The exam/quiz is on... I need to schedule by... Friday Tuesday at 4:30 pm Monday Wednesday at 4:30 pm Tuesday Thursday at 4:30 pm Wednesday Friday at 4:30 pm Thursday Monday at 4:30 pm
- Any FINAL EXAMS or standard exams/quizzes occurring during finals week must be scheduled at least five (5) business days before each final begins.
- Schedule for Finals
The final exam is on…
I need to schedule by…
Friday, April 28th
Friday, April 21st
Monday, May 1st
Monday, April 24th
Tuesday, May 2nd
Tuesday, April 25th
Wednesday, May 3rd
Wednesday, April 26th
Thursday, May 4th
Thursday, April 27th
- It is highly recommended that students remind instructors that they have scheduled exams/quizzes with the DAC to help facilitate the process. Students must take exams/quizzes on the same days and times as the classes unless pre-approved by the instructor. If a student schedules an exam/quiz outside of when the class is scheduled (a different day and/or time), the student must schedule the exam/quiz to begin and end within DAC business hours.
- Students are highly encouraged to arrive prior to the scheduled time, as they will have to put their belongings into a locker and be escorted to the testing area.
- Only approved items are allowed in the testing areas. Cell phones are to be turned off or put on silent prior to being placed in a locker. Anything left in a locker that creates a disturbance may result in interrupting the exam/quiz to have the student remedy the situation. The interruption comes out of the student’s allotted time.
- Creating disturbances in the testing area will not be tolerated and will be handled by the appropriate campus officials.
- Restroom breaks may be necessary. Students will make an effort to minimize the need to leave the testing area and will notify DAC personnel. The restroom break comes out of the student’s allotted time and leaving the testing area without notifying DAC personnel will result in the exam/quiz ending.
- The DAC will only provide the following: adaptive technology, noise-cancelling headphones, pencils, and scratch paper.
- Students will be monitored via video cameras placed in the testing areas that have audio and visual components. The DAC will keep each recording for 25 days after it was created. If you have concerns about an exam/quiz, please notify the DAC as soon as possible.
- The DAC allows a ten (10) minute window after the scheduled start time for the student.
Students who arrive within this window will have that time deducted from their scheduled
time but will be permitted to take the exam/quiz.
In the event that a student does not arrive at the appropriate time to take a scheduled exam, the test will be cancelled once the 10-minute grace period has elapsed. The test will then be returned to the department and both the instructor and student will be notified of the exam’s cancellation via e-mail. The exam can be rescheduled for a later date at the instructor’s discretion.
- The Disability and Access Center is open during regular business hours, from 8:00
a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; however, there will be times when it is necessary for students
to take exams outside of those hours. Students should keep in mind that the DAC is
opened specifically to conduct testing if the test is to occur outside of regular
- If a test that is to take place before regular operating hours is not delivered to the DAC by 4:30 on the day prior to the scheduled test, the test will be canceled and the student and professor will be notified of the cancellation.
- If a test that is to take place after regular operating hours is not delivered to the DAC by 4:30 on the test day, the test will be canceled and the student and professor will be notified of the cancellation.
- If a student no-call/no shows three times to tests that occur outside of regular operating hours, the allowance to test after hours will be suspended until the student meets with either the director or associate director to discuss safeguards to prevent future failed cancellations.
- If a student misses a scheduled exam/quiz with our office, there are three things
that may occur:
- The student speaks with the instructor, and the instructor does not give permission to reschedule. The student is subject to that instructor’s policy for missing exams/quizzes.
- The student speaks with the instructor, and the instructor gives the student permission
to reschedule the exam/quiz with the DAC.
- The student and instructor, together, must contact (call or in person) the DAC to reschedule an exam/quiz.
- The student speaks with the instructor, and the instructor is willing to administer the exam/quiz. The instructor can, but is not obligated to provide testing accommodations in this instance.