Seminars are typically held on Fridays from 12:30 to 2 p.m. in the SunTrust Room (BAS S326). Exceptions are noted on the schedule. Papers are distributed to department members by email. To obtain a copy of a seminar paper or to request a presentation date, please contact Professor Sara Shirley (Sara.Shirley@mtsu.edu).
- September 7: Sara E. Shirley, MTSU
- October 19: David A. Maslar, University of Tennessee
- October 26: Russell Jame, University of Kentucky
- January 19: Caitlin D. Dannhauser, Villanova University, "The Transformation of Corporate Bond Investors and Fragility:
Evidence on Mutual Funds and ETFs"
- February 16: Matt Booth, MTSU, "Employment, Wage, and Output Dynamics under External Habit Formation and Efficiency Wages"
- February 23: Matthew C. Harris, University of Tennessee, "Prescription Opioids and Labor Market Pains"
- March 16: Vineet Bhagwat, George Washington University, "A BIT Goes a Long Way: Bilateral Investment Treaties and Cross-border Mergers"
- March 30: Jennifer Bennett Shinall, Vanderbilt University, "Imputation Match Bias in Immigrant Wage Convergence"
- April 6: G.A Homaifar and Frank Michello, MTSU, "A Generalized Algorithm for Duration and Convexity of Option Embedded Bonds"
- September 15: Michael R. Richards, Vanderbilt University, "Outsourcing Public Insurance Provision: What Do Medicaid Managed Care Organizations Do?"
- September 22: Jeffrey R. Stark, MTSU, "Is all that Twitters gold? Social media attention and stock returns"
- September 29: Jesse Blocher, Vanderbilt University, "Short Constraints are Persistent Constraints"
- October 6: Estrella R. Ndrianasy, MTSU, "The Hispanic Health Paradox: A Socioeconomic Conundrum"
- October 20: Joonhyung Lee, University of Memphis, "An empirical investigation on the transfer of expatriates within
MNCs from a knowledge perspective"
- December 1: Max C. Deaton, MTSU, "News Consumption in a Social Media Environment: Evidence from Twitter"