Dr. Elizabeth A Smith
- Ph.D., Ohio State University (2017)
- M.S., Central Michigan University (1992)
- B.S., Purdue University (1985)
Areas of Expertise
- Educating low-resourced audiences such as those receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance.
- Pediatric nutrition and school based education including Policy, System, and Environment Change.
- Assessment of fruit and vegetable intake using quantitative measures.
Dr. Smith has published in the area of Supplemental Nutrition Program Management, the role of access and education in fruit and vegetable consumption in Head Start families, and has written 4-H curriculums, curriculum for military families, curriculum for heart health, and various blogs.
Currently, she is involved in research projects that include carotenoid levels as they relate to fruit and vegetable intake and myopia, and food insecurity and quality on a regional college campus.