Dr. Robyn Ridgley
Interim Department of Elementary & Special Education Chair | Associate Professor
- Ed.D., University of Kentucky, Lexington (2004)
- M.Ed., Vanderbilt University, TN (1999)
- B.S., Murray State University, KY (1994)
Areas of Expertise
- Developmentally appropriate practices for supporting young children's growth and development
- Strategies for supporting young children with developmental delays and disabilities within their family's routines, early childhood classrooms, and other natural environments
- Evidence based practices in providing services and supports within early intervention programs for young children with disabilities
- Assessment approaches and strategies
Dr. Ridgley conducts research in the area of early intervention for young children with developmental delays and disabilities. She explores the approaches and strategies practitioners use to develop plans or provide supports to families. She is interested in child outcomes and families' perceptions of the services they receive through the early intervention system.
Dr. Ridgley has taught a variety of courses in the early childhood education undergraduate program, including Preschool Practicum, Residency 1, Literacy in Early Childhood, Human Development I, and Assessing Young Children. She also has taught in the Assessment, Learning, and School Improvement Ed.D. program in the College of Education.