Student Success Advantage
At MTSU, we know that a bump in the road, especially at the beginning, can derail students struggling to stay enrolled. In Fall 2015 we developed the MTSU Student Success Advantage. The University hired almost 50 more academic advisers, which will help students maximize the Student Success Advantage by encouraging them to stay on track to graduate on time.
Additionally the following financial incentives were developed for eligible students:
- MTSU will provide a supplemental scholarship to new entering freshman HOPE scholarship recipients after each of their first two years.
- MTSU expanded the eligibility to qualify for five major scholarships guaranteed to eligible freshmen.
- MTSU shifted our Transfer Academic Scholarships from being competitively based to guaranteed for qualified transfer students.
These are all part of MTSU’s overall “Quest for Student Success” initiative, a series of reforms launched in Fall 2013 to boost graduation and retention rates through changes such as course redesigns, enhanced advising and new student data tracking software.
At MTSU, we feel the Student Success Advantage program sends a strong message: If you maintain a steady pace to graduation in four years, MTSU will help you along the way.
Participation in the MTSU Student Success Advantage Program begins now with your successful admission to MTSU. To begin the process, you’ll need to complete the following steps:
- Complete your Application for Undergraduate Admission on-line and submit all required application materials. Click here for more information about the application process.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Participate in one of MTSU’s CUSTOMS summer orientation programs for new students. At CUSTOMS we will review the Student Success Advantage agreement.
- Enroll in classes and begin working toward completing your bachelor’s degree in four years!
If you have additional questions about the MTSU Student Success Advantage, please contact the MT One Stop.