• Students can study during the school year at one of two universities in France or can spend the summer term in Cherbourg
  • High school German can help you earn as much as 12 credit hours
  • Students practice kanji calligraphy to help master artistic writing forms
  • Students can earn credit hours while visiting new places

Teaching Licensure in French, German and Spanish

Teaching Licensure in a foreign language requires:

  1. the equivalent of a major in that language (Spanish, French, German)
  2. FL4500 Introduction to Teaching a Foreign Language
  3. a minor in Education

The Education courses are outlined at Ed. Leadership Secondary Education

If you already have an undergraduate degree then you should contact the office of teaching licensure directly: http://mtweb.mtsu.edu/teachlic/

For information about a Master's Degree in Foreign language teaching: Master's of Arts in Teaching

For information about preparing for the Praxis World Language Exam, contact your language teacher, or click on the link below for your language:

  1. General information about Praxis
  2. French
  3. Spanish
  4. German