All other considerations being equal, the committee will give preference to:
1. Summer salary awards are open to all tenure-track faculty and for tenured assistant and associate professors only. Summer salary is not available to full professors.
2. Tenure-track faculty may receive up to 4 summer salary grants total. These may be awarded on four consecutive summers.
3. Tenured assistant and associate professors may receive as many as 3 summer salary grants in a six year period, as long as they are not within two consecutive summers.
4. All faculty members are limited to 6 summer grants total.
1. Faculty may receive up to one course reassigned time per semester.
2. Faculty may receive up to two consecutive semesters of reassigned time.
3. Total Limits on Reassigned Time:
Faculty may receive up to three semesters of FRCAC-funded reassigned time every six years.
Funding in General
1. Faculty may apply for up to 2 consecutive semesters and summer funding (a full year) at a time. This includes reassigned time, equipment, lab costs, supplies, etc.
2. When funding is granted, the recipient will not be eligible to receive new funding until 12 months have passed.
3. Additional funding will not be granted for "continuations" of projects that have already been funded.
4. Except for reassigned time and summer salary grants, no individual shall have more than two projects funded in a period of six years.
The committee requires a final report on all projects.
1. When appropriate, the committee granting funds for a project lasting more than one semester or summer may require interim progress reports before disbursing money for a second semester or summer.
2. Failure to submit a final report will result in sanctions not only to the individual but the department.
1. Although faculty may continue to apply for grants within the limits stated above (and others voted on earlier), all other things being equal, priority for grants will always go to faculty that has not been granted funds within the past four years.
2. In years where there is abundant funding, the committee may announce a relaxation on some of the restrictions we have voted on.
Funding may be used only for the purposes approved by the committee. Changes in the use of funds must be approved by the committee.