Gamma Iota Sigma Omega Chapter
The purpose of Gamma Iota Sigma is to encourage, establish, and enhance the professionalism of students in the risk management, insurance, and actuarial science majors. Our goal is to prepare members for quality employment opportunities in those fields. As a fraternal organization, we strive to build a sense of community and cohesion among members while improving their career opportunities through increased knowledge of the industry. In addition, we aim to prepare members to interact comfortably with industry leaders and form contacts that will serve them throughout their career.
Gamma Iota Sigma is a professional fraternity organized to promote, encourage, and sustain interest in insurance as a profession; encourage high moral and scholastic attainments; and facilitate the interaction and cooperation of educational institutions, industry, and professional organizations.
- Opportunity to be a part of one of the most prestigious and recognized insurance organizations in the world
- Opportunity to network with members of the insurance industry
- Opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge of changes and opportunities in the insurance market
- Opportunity to develop friendships with fellow members at local and international levels that have similar career interests
- Résumé included in book sent to industry professionals throughout the southern region and beyond
- Opportunity for leadership
- Internship opportunities