Accelerated Bachelor to Master Degree Programs (ABM)
The Accelerated Bachelor’s-to-Master’s (ABM) program allows highly qualified undergraduate students the opportunity to complete the requirements for both the bachelor’s and master’s degrees in a compressed timeframe. Participating undergraduates may:
- Count up to 12 graduate credit hours toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees, and
- Obtain a non-thesis master’s degree in the same field within 12 months of completing the bachelor’s degree, or
- Obtain a thesis-based master’s degree in the same field within 18 months of completing the bachelor’s degree.
Step 1: Make sure you meet the criteria for admission:
- You have a GPA of at least 3.25;
- You have completed a minimum of seventy-five (75) credit hours in your undergraduate program(including advanced placement credits);
- You have at least two full-time semesters of undergraduate coursework remaining at the time of application; and
- If you are a transfer student, you must have completed a minimum of two semesters as a full-time student at MTSU.
Step 2: Talk to your department chair. Compete your department’s application form and submit it to the department. Participating ABM programs and their departmental contacts are:
|M.S. in Information Systems||Information Systems & Analytics||615-898-2362|
|M.S.P.S. in Actuarial Sciences
M.S.P.S. in Biostatistics
|M.S. in Chemistry||Chemistry||615-904-8252|
|M.A.T. in Foreign Languages and Literatures||World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures||615-898-2981|
|M.A. in Economics||Economics and Finance||615-898-2520|
|M.A. in International Affairs||Political Science||615-898-5731|
|M.S. in Media and Communication||Media and Communication||615-898-5420|
|M.S. in Leisure and Sports Management||Health and Human Performance||615-898-2811|
|M.S. in Exercise Science||Health and Human Performance||615-898-5549|
|M.S. in Finance||Economics and Finance||615-898-2381|
Step 3: Upon notification of acceptance from your department, make an appointment with your undergraduate and graduate program advisors to map out your course of study and determine when you will complete your undergraduate degree.
Step 4: Before you complete your undergraduate degree, apply to the MTSU College of Graduate Studies, indicating the term in which you will formally enter the graduate program.