Dr. Jwa K. Kim
Phone: (615) 898-8419
Fax: (615) 898-5027
Jones Hall 302
Ph.D. 1989 - University of Oklahoma (Psychometrics & Quantitative Psychology)
M.Ed. 1982 - Kyungpook National University (Educational Psychology)
B.Ed. 1980 - Kyungpook National University (Education)
Item Response Theory, Multivariate Analysis, Measurement and Scaling, Nonparametric
Statistics, Computer Application, Quantitative Analysis.
- Yu, J. H., & Kim, J. K. (2010). Patterns of interactions and behaviors: Physical education
in Korean elementary, middle, and high schools. ICHPER·SD Journal of Research, 5(1),
- Yu, J. H., & Kim, J. K. (2010). Evaluating and improving an online program for graduate
students enrolled in a research methods course in physical education and health. International
Journal of Instructional Technology & Distance Learning, 7(2), 3-17.
- Gan, Q., Anshel, M. H., & Kim, J. K. (2009). Sources and Cognitive Appraisals of Acute
Stress as Predictors of Coping Style Among Male and Female Chinese Athletes. International
Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 7, 68-88.
- Anshel, M. H., Kim, J. K., and Henry, R. (2009). Reconceptualizing Indicants of Sport
Perfectionism as a Function of Gender. Journal of Sport Behavior, 32, 395-418.
- Dolbow, D. R., Farley, R. S., Kim, J. K., & Caputo, J. L. (2008). Oxygen consumption,
heart rate, rating of perceived exertion, and systolic blood pressure with water treadmill
walking. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, 16, 14-23.
- Tang, T. L., Kim, J. K., & Tang, T. L. (2002). Endorsement of the money ethic, income,
and life satisfaction: A comparison of full-time employees, part-time employees, and
non-employed university students. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 17, 442-467.
- Sawyer, D. J., Kim, J. K., & Lipa-Wade, S. (2000). Applications of Frith's developmental
phase model to the process of identifying "at-risk" beginning readers. In Badian,
N. (Ed.) (2000). Preschool Prevention of Reading Difficulties (2nd Ed.). Timonium,
MD: York Press.
- Sawyer, D. J., & Kim, J. K. (2000). Variation in the development of decoding and encoding
skills among students with phonological dyslexia. Thalamus, 18, 1-18.
- Tang, T. L., Kim, J. K., & O'Donald, D. A. (2000). Perceptions of Japanese organizational
culture: Employees in non- unionized Japanese-owned and unionized US-owned automobile
plants. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 15, 535-559.
- Tang, T. L., Kim, J. K., & Tang, D. S. (2000). Does attitude toward money moderate
the relationship between intrinsic job satisfaction and voluntary turnover? Human