Dr. Sarah K. Bleiler
Phone: (615) 898-2616
Ph. D., University of South Florida, Mathematics Education, 2012
M.A., University of South Florida, Mathematics, 2008
B.S., Seton Hall University, Mathematics, 2006
Collaboration between mathematicians and mathematics teacher educators
Proof and reasoning
- Bleiler, S. K., & Thompson, D. R. (In press). Multidimensional assessment of the Common
Core. Teaching Children Mathematics.
- Thompson, D. R., Beneteau, C., Kersaint, G., & Bleiler, S. K. (2012). Voices of mathematicians
and mathematics teacher educators co-teaching prospective secondary teachers. In J.
M. Bay-Williams (Ed.), Professional collaborations in mathematics teaching and learning:
Seeking success for all- 74th yearbook (pp. 229-242). Reston, VA: National Council
of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Bleiler, S. K. (2010). Integration of proof and reasoning in school mathematics: A
guide for elementary school teachers. Dimensions in Mathematics- Journal of the Florida
Council of Teachers of Mathematics, 29(2), 6-12.
- Bleiler, S. K., & Thompson, D. R. (2010). Dimensions of mathematics understanding:
A longitudinal analysis of primary students' achievement in the United States. In
Y. Shimizu, Y. Sekiguchi, & K. Hino (Eds.), The 5th East Asia Regional Conference
on Mathematics Education (EARCOME5): In search of excellence in mathematics education
(pp. 400-407). Tokyo, Japan: Inamoto Printing.
- Thompson, D. R., Kaur, B., & Bleiler, S. K. (2010). Using a multi-dimensional approach
to understanding to assess primary students' mathematical knowledge. In Y. Shimizu,
Y. Sekiguchi, & K. Hino (Eds.), The 5th East Asia Regional Conference on Mathematics
Education (EARCOME5): In search of excellence in mathematics education (pp. 472-479).
Tokyo, Japan: Inamoto Printing.
- Research team member on the Knowledge for Teaching Secondary School (KnoTSS) project
funded by NSF grant #0821996, 2010-present
- Presenter at 19 regional or national level conferences, 2005-2012
- Journal reviewer for ZDM: The International Journal on Mathematics Education
- Journal reviewer for Mathematics Teacher
- Recipient of the University Presidential Fellowship, University of South Florida,
- Selected participant in the Enhancing Diversity in Graduate Education (EDGE) program
for women in mathematics, 2006