Domestic applicants may apply up to the desired term of entry. However, application materials must be complete to be considered for admission. It is recommended that you allow at least 2-4 weeks for a completed application to be acted on by the department.
Graduate applicants may apply via the Internet using the application(s) available above. There is a $35 non-refundable Application Fee. These fees may be charged to your Personal Checkcard, Mastercard or Visa credit card.
If you have previously enrolled in graduate classes at MTSU and need to reapply, an online Readmission Application is available. There is no fee for readmission applications. If your name has changed since you last attended, please submit your Name Change Request form to Student Services and Admissions Center.
NOTE: The graduate readmission form is only to be used by students with a four-year college degree who have previously applied as a graduate student at MTSU. If you do not meet this criteria, or you are applying for a higher degree then you must apply as a new graduate student.
Transcript Requirements for Domestic Students
Official transcripts certifying coursework from each college or university attended must be mailed directly from the institution to MTSU and must be received prior to enrollment. Unofficial transcripts may be used for the initial evaluation as a demonstration of eligibility for graduate status. If the applicant obtained the bachelor's degree at MTSU, only transcripts of work not posted on the MTSU transcript will be required.
- If the applicant obtained the bachelor's degree at another institution, that transcript is required. Transcripts of work not posted on the baccalaureate transcript are also required. All post-baccalaureate transcripts are also required.
- If the applicant earned a graduate degree at another institution, that transcript is also required. Transcripts of all post-baccalaureate work not appearing on the graduate transcript are also required.
- Any applicant whose highest degree is from a university outside the United States may be required to have his or her credentials evaluated by an acceptable evaluation service. A course-by-course report is required. All acceptable evaluation services are listed at www.naces.org/members.html
The State of Tennessee requires students entering colleges, universities, and technical institutes with enrollment of greater than 200 students to provide proof of two (2) doses of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccine from all full-time graduate students. The MMR vaccine doses must have been administered on or after a student's first birthday or proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella.
- Students will not be allowed to register for classes until a **Certificate of Immunization Form is on file in the Student Health Services Office.
The State of Tennessee also mandates that MTSU provide information concerning Hepatitis B infection and Meningococcal disease to all students entering for the first time. All new graduate students will need to electronically sign a waiver form before they can register. This form is located within PipelineMT. (For further information concerning these forms please contact the Student Health Services Office).
ROCC Application for Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Students applying to the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) must first be accepted through the Regents Online Campus Collaborative (ROCC) and be assigned to MTSU. Application fees will not be refunded for students who apply before being assigned a home school.
Application Status and Registration Times
- You can check the status of your application by accessing PipelineMT, the MTSU student's online resource and clicking on the RaiderNet tab. Logging into PipelineMT gives you access to RaiderNet where you can determine your application status, registration time, register for class, pay fees, check your email, communicate with professors, check grades and much, much more.
- The day after you have been admitted to the university, you will be assigned an email address and PipelineMT account. You can retrieve your username and email address at the following web address: http://www.mtsu.edu/changepw. Both your PipelineMT account and your email account will have the same username and password. For detailed information, please visit PipelineMT.
NOTE: Once you are admitted to the College of Graduate Studies you will receive a letter with your MTSU ID, MTSU email address, and other information. The College of Graduate Studies will send any "need to know" information through your MTSU email account. Please check your MTSU email account regularly.