Yes, according to the National Panhellenic Council regulations, you must be a full time student to participate in recruitment.
2. Does it cost the same to join each organization?
No, each organizations' dues vary in amount. The initial semester of joining can cost from $500 - $760, with most organizations not costing more than $1,000 for the entire year. One of the reasons that the initial semester is more than a typical semester is due to the one-time initiation fee. The second semester (and each semester thereafter) costs typically range from $320-$480.
3. Do I have to attend every night of recruitment?
Yes, we strongly encourage you to attend every night of recruitment so that you will be able to best evaluate the organizations to find your best fit. Extreme emergencies and class will be excused.
4. Do I have to go to each organization during recruitment?
Yes, you must attend every event on your recruitment schedule.
5. Do I have to have a recommendation to go through recruitment?
No it is not necessary for you to have a recommendation to go through Panhellenic recruitment at MTSU.
6. If I have a recommendation, where do I send it to?
If you have recommendation letter, please send it to the following address:
Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life
MTSU Box 197
Attn. Panhellenic Recruitment
(Please insert the organization's name you wish to send your recommendation to)
1301 East Main Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
7. What is the GPA requirement to go through Panhellenic recruitment?
The GPA to participate in Panhellenic recruitment is a 2.5 high school or college GPA. These GPA's will be verified prior to recruitment.
8. What is the deadline to sign up for recruitment?
The deadline to sign up for recruitment is September 18, 2013 @ midnight. There will not be any applications accepted after this deadline.