Internships for Honors Credit
In Fall 2017, the Honors Council approved the use of up to six hours of Internship credit towards the Honors Graduation or the Honors Associate requirements.
- A maximum of six (6) hours can substitute for Honors graduation requirements.
- A request to substitute internship credit for Honors requirements (form below) must be submitted prior to the start of the internship. Substitutions will not be approved for students who miss the submission deadlines.
- Internships must count for college credit and show on an official MTSU transcript in order to substitute for Honors graduation requirements.
- Attach a typed description of the internship duties to the form. Additional documentation may be requested before final approval is granted. Please be advised that Honors credit will only be awarded for internships that involve significant learning experiences, independent projects, or leadership opportunities.
- If the internship is graded on an A to F scale the student must earn a B- (or higher) in order for the internship credits to substitute for honors credit.
- Once final grades are available on the official MTSU transcript, the credits will be evaluated by an honors advisor to determine if the earned credits will substitute for lower or upper division Honors requirements. With approval, credit for upper division internship courses may substitute for lower division Honors requirements and/or for the Interdisciplinary Seminar requirement. Please note that these courses will not have an Honors attribute listed on the official MTSU transcript but will be counted in the Honors graduation audit.
The PDF below is fillable so students can type into it and then print it out for the proper signatures. Students must also attach a description of their internship duties. Return completed forms to the Honors advisors: HONR 227-229.
THIS FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED AND APPROVED PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR INTERNSHIP. The form is can be found here.