Application for Access and Diversity Funds
- Please refer to the MTSU Mission Statement for Access and Diversity. This is the guideline for the use of access and diversity funds. Additional information/guidelines for assistance can be found on the IEC website under "Faculty/Staff Recruitment, Development, and Retention Guidelines."
- To be eligible to apply for access and diversity funds, you must be a full-time Faculty/Staff member who is a female or a person of color.
- Complete the Dynamic Form application (link found at bottom of page). The application, once completed by you, will be routed to your department head and/or dean (whomever is responsible for authorizing your travel/expenses), and once approved by them then it will be routed to IEC. You will receive update emails notifying you when each person has signed your application. These emails will come from email@example.com (please check settings to make sure emails from this address do not go to your Junk folder).
- If funds are required for tuition/course work at MTSU or another institution, you must be a tenure-track or tenured faculty member, or a full-time, permanent staff member. You must also complete the Faculty and Staff Reimbursement Form. Please forward the completed form to the IEC office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send by campus mail to CAB 116.
- Access and diversity funds are dependent on funding on an annual basis. If available, new funding is received on or after July 1 of each year. Applications for funds are received from July 1 to May 1 of each year.
- One request per person per fiscal year will be considered until all applicants have been reviewed.
- If using awarded funds for travel, submit a Request for Travel Authorization as soon as possible after approved. This must be completed prior to travel.
- All travel claims are due within ten (10) working days after your travel is completed. Be sure to have all applicable signatures authorizing your travel (department head and/or dean, supervisor, etc.) BEFORE submitting claims to IEC. Incomplete applications will not be accepted, and claims received without appropriate authorizations will be sent back to you unsigned to obtain the necessary signatures. This will delay processing of your application.
- All Claims for Travel Expenses will be paid in accordance to MTSU policies (e.g., per diem for meals, incidentals, hotel/travel policies, etc.).
- Funds MUST be used in the fiscal year in which they are requested. If they are not used in the same fiscal year, they will be forfeited. NOTE: If you are traveling across two fiscal years, the latter of the two will be the one in which expenses are charged.
- Until application is completed and signed by IEC, funding is not guaranteed.
1301 East Main Street
116 Cope Administration Building
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
Please send comments or complaints