International Student Admissions
International Student Admission Deadlines
Fall: July 1st of same year Spring: November 1st of preceding year Summer: April 15th of same year
Undergraduate Admissions for International Students
- International Undergraduate Online Application **
- International Undergraduate downloadable Application **
- Information for Prospective International Students
- General Requirements
- Undergraduate Admission Requirements-Checklist
- International Admission Guidelines Brochure
- International Merit Scholarship
- All complete files are automatically considered for MTSU International Merit Scholarships for $4,000, $8,000 or $16,000. The scholarships are renewable annually with a minimum 3.0 cumulative gpa. Priority deadline for the scholarship is May 1st (Fall) and November 1st (Spring).
- MTSU Undergraduate Catalog
- International Student Orientation
- Fall 2017 Pre-Arrival Packet
- Campus Map
- The MTSU Chinese Language Admission Brochure
**IMPORTANT: The application fee for international students is US$30.00. International students should have official transcripts and all other application materials sent to:
- Middle Tennessee State University International Admissions Office, Campus BOX 120 Murfreesboro, TN 37132 USA
Graduate Admission for International Students
- Graduate Online Application
- General Requirements
- Graduate Admission Requirements
- MTSU Graduate Catalog
Other Important Admission Information (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Credential Evaluation List
- Students Transferring from within United States
- Information about Immunizations
- Information About Conditional Letters of Admission
- The MTSU Store
- Application form for admission
- $30 application fee
- International Certificate of Immunization form available here.
- Financial statement indicating sources of support available here.
- Certificate of Freedom from Tuberculosis
All foreign non-immigrant students applying for admission pursuant to a student visa shall submit within thirty (30) days from the first day of classes a certificate from a licensed physician or other qualified medical authority verifying freedom from tuberculosis. Failure to submit such certification shall result in denial of admission (immediate withdrawal from classes) or continued enrollment. In the event that a student has tuberculosis or has potential tuberculosis requiring medical treatment, continued enrollment will be conditioned upon the determination by a licensed physician that further enrollment is not a risk to others and upon the student's compliance with any prescribed medical treatment program.
The certification should be submitted to:
- Health Services - Middle Tennessee State University, 1301 E. Main Street-Campus Box 237, Murfreesboro, TN 37132 U.S.A.
You may also receive the testing at MTSU Health Services Office upon arrival to campus.
Please submit the following TB Screening Form.
MTSU Tuberculosis Screening Form
- Submit Varicella (chickenpox) form available here.
For undergraduate admissions, submit one of the following the following to the International Admissions Office (Campus Box 120, Peck Hall 208, Murfreesboro, TN 37132, USA):
- TOEFL - an official iBT score of 61 or above (500 or above paper-based);
- IELTS - an official score of 5.5 or above;
- PTE Academic - official scores 42-49;
- iTEP - an official score of 3.6 or above; and,
- NOTE: the Pro-Pilot degree program requires a minimum score of 79 on the TOEFL ibt, 550 on the paper-based exam, a 213 on the computer-based exam and a 6.0 or higher on the IELTS exam or passing the ELS Level 112 for admission.
In lieu of the TOEFL or IELTS, you may submit the following:
- ELS passing of Level 110 in place of the above examinations - applicants may submit an official academic record demonstrating successful completion of ELS Language Center Level 110. Visit ELS, Nashville
- IEI passing of Level 5 in all courses in place of the above examinations - applicants may submit an official academic record demonstrating successful completion of IEI Level 5. Visit IEI, Nashville
- If residing in the US and applicable, please submit the following:
- a copy of the I-94;
- a copy of the I-20 ID;
- copy of passport expiration page;
- copy of visa page of passport.
- Official high school transcript is required for all transfer students unless you have been conferred a U.S. Bachelor's Degree.
- Certified true transcripts must be mailed from all schools attended.
- For transcript in languages other than English, the original along with its translation must be submitted.
- MTSU reserves the right to secure verification of the validity of all submitted transcripts
from the issuing institutions.
Also, once submitted all documents become the property of the university.
- To obtain course substitution credit, students must submit syllabus along with their transcripts.
- Minimum grade point average is 3.0/4.0 for freshmen and 2.0/4.0 for transfer students.
- All foreign university level transcripts must have a full course-by-course evaluation from any one of the current members listed at www.NACES.org.
- Middle Tennessee State University grants admission to transfer applicants who have 24 or more semester hours and a cumulative college grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 or higher on all college work attempted. Official high school transcript is required for all transfer students unless you have been conferred a US Bachelor's Degree.
- You must submit an official transcript from each college or university you have ever attended in order to be considered for admission.
- Beginning Fall 2008, applicants who have earned 23 or fewer semester hours or 35 or fewer quarter hours from a college or university must meet both transfer and freshman admission standards.