MTSU Human Research Protection Program
- Allow a minimum of 4 business days BEFORE you call us regarding the status of your petition
- Please allow at least 2 weeks for protocols to be reviewed AFTER your application is complete
- During the months of September-October and February-March, expect a minimum processing time of 3 weeks
The MTSU Institutional Review Board (IRB) is a committee appointed to oversee any research involving human participants. The aim of the IRB is to protect the rights and welfare of the research subjects. This web page is designed to guide researchers through the process of seeking approval for human subject research. Refer to the FAQ for general IRB-related questions.
Visit the Decision Guide for answering questions such as:
Am I involved in research?
Does the research involve Human Subjects?
Should I apply for Exempt, Expedited or Full review?
The Online Training page will link researchers to a site where they can undergo training to obtain certification for conducting research involving human subjects. The IRB Forms page allows access to download the most current applications, final/progress reports, templates for consent forms, and other important documents.
- The ID system for protocols has been updated. Check out what this means to you by clicking this link.
Inquiring General Information
- Send your questions and inquiries to email@example.com
Submission Policy Changes
- The Office of Compliance only accepts online submissions
- An MTSU Faculty member MUST email the application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- THE OFFICE OF COMPLIANCE WILL NO LONGER RECEIVE APPLICATIONS FROM STUDENTS. Student researchers must have their faculty advisor email the application documents.
- Ensure all necessary boxes are completed as accurately as possible. Incomplete applications will be sent back to the investigators and will not be reviewed untill the application documents are complete.
- Those who qualify for full review must check the committee schedule and should allow more time for the approval process.
Report Compliance Breach and Adverse Events Immediately
If you need to report a study related injury, or if you have concerns about a research project, please contact the ooffice of complaince by emailing to email@example.com or call 615 494 8918. ALL COMMUNICATIONS TO THE OFFICE OF COMPLIANCE WILL BE KEPT STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.
Email questions to: Send applications and documents to:
Office of Compliance QUICK LINKS
2269 Middle TN Blvd IACUC Home
Sam H. Ingram Bldg (ING) Room 010A Information for Investigators - FAQ
Box 124 (Previously 134) Preparing for IRB approval
Murfreesboro, TN 37132 Types of IRB reviews
Tel: 615 494 8918 | FAX: 615 898 5028 Review guidelines