Converting Word to ASCII
Instructions for converting a Microsoft Word document to
ASCII (text-only) format
- Open the Microsoft Word application.
- Select "File/Open" and select the Microsoft Word (doc)
document that needs to be converted.
- Select "File/Save As" from the menu bar. Note the "Save As
Type" pull down menu at the bottom of the "Save As" window.
- Click the "Save As Type" down arrow to bring up a list of
file types supported by Microsoft Word. Scroll through the entire
list and select "Text-Only."
- Rename the file or change the file location as needed. Click
the "Save" button to complete the conversion.
- If charts, tables, clip art, or photographs need to be
included with the proposal, be sure to explain the location where
they need to be positioned in the document and submit them
separately in either JPEG or GIF formats.