Creating a Frontpage Form
You can create a form by using the "Form Page
Wizard," which prompts you to specify the following
- The data you want to gather, which determines which fields to
place on your form.
- The way you want to lay out fields. You can organize the form
into paragraphs or lists, and choose whether to use tables to lay
out the page
- Whether to include a table of contents at the top of the
page, which is useful for large forms.
- How you want to save form results (the data gathered from the
form after a site visitor fills it out).
The wizard allows you to save the results to a text file or HTML
file, or you can use your own custom script to handle the
When a site visitor clicks the submit button on the form, the
form results will be sent to the location you specified.
Using this information, the wizard creates your
form. You can customize it by editing the text, and defining
properties and data entry rules for the form fields.
- On the
File menu, select
New, and then click
- On the
General tab, click "Form Page Wizard," then click
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the