MTSU now supports a campus license for a suite of products from Turnitin.com
to assist faculty in evaluating student written works. The suite includes the "Originality
Checker", "GradeMark" and "PeerMark" products accessed through the D2L dropbox tool
- "Originality Checker" - allows written works to be compared against a growing database
of papers and internet resources and provides students and instructors with a report
detailing an analysis of the content's originality. It can be used as a mechanism
for student self-assessment or to help determine how well the paper meets its evaluation
- GradeMark - allows faculty to access the paper online and provide electronic comments
and feedback. Written assignment grading can be streamlined as an instructor can create
a customized collection of comments and feedback statements that can be "dropped"
in appropriate locations within an assignment.
- PeerMark - eases the process of peer review and collaboration for both faculty and
students. Please note that this feature is not yet available through the D2L integration
(reprograming of the integration tool is currently underway by D2L and Turnitin);
faculty who would like to use this tool should contact the FITC for special instructions.
- FITC: Workshops on these new tools will be offered by the Faculty Instructional Technology
Center (FITC) or assistance can be obtained by scheduling an appointment. Contact
the FITC at 904-8189.
- Turnitin.com Online resources
- Upcoming Live events
- Archived tutorials ( http://community.turnitin.com/?page=academy)
- Pushing Past Plagiarism Prevention with OriginalityCheck
- Ready to take your use of OriginalityCheck to the next level? Learn to use some advanced
features of Turnitin like discussion boards, reflection assignments, and revision
assignments, to improve writing skills and encourage original work.
- Peer Review Across the Curriculum with PeerMark
- Want to conduct student peer reviews effectively and efficiently? Learn how to use
PeerMark to distribute papers to review, collect useful reviewer feedback, encourage
student participation, and achieve cognitive benefits of peer review.
- Beyond Awkward: Offering Meaningful Feedback with GradeMark
- Tired of lugging stacks of papers all over town and scribbling illegible feedback
in the margins for hours on end? Learn how to use GradeMark to provide more meaningful
feedback in less time and track class progress and problem areas.
- Teaching the Writing Process with Turnitin
- Why do students procrastinate on written assignments? Come meet with us to discuss
how to engage students throughout the writing process to improve writing skills and
- Teaching Effective Source Integration with Turnitin
- Do you know how to create plagiarize-proof assignments? Share and discuss ideas with
us for improving students' use of sources in written assignments.
- Assessing Written Work with Turnitin
- Come learn more about formative assessment and discuss how you can implement more
formative assessment into your course curriculum.
- Managing Students & Assignments with Turnitin
- Need a central location to manage all of your classroom assignments, feedback, students
and grades? We have solutions to manage your course from a central hub.
- Best Practices for Teaching with Turnitin
- Let's discuss success strategies for using Turnitin on your campus or in your classroom.
We'll share how schools have decreased instances of unoriginal content by nearly half.
- Developing 21st Century Skills with Turnitin
- What skills will students need to communicate and work in the 21st century? Let's
discuss how to teach students necessary 21st century skills while maintaining content-area
- Turnitin Implementation and Leadership Planning
- Come set goals and learn how to overcome obstacles to implementing Turnitin2 at your
institution or within your classes. We'll discuss an implementation strategy and point
you in the direction of vast resources for institutions, instructors and students.