Here you will find links to various types of instructional technology resources including:
- Apple Higher Education
- AMX Control Systems
- Dell Education
- Hewlett Packard
- Sony Electronics
Adobe is the developer of products such as Photoshop, and Premiere. Check out the complete
Check out Asymetrix InSite for information on their products such as ToolBook II.
Macromedia is the developer of Authorware, Director, Fireworks, Flash, and Dreamweaver.
- American Association for Higher Education (AAHE) has several Technology Projects in the works.
One of these is the Teaching, Learning, and Technology (TLT) Roundtable Program of which MTSU's TLT Roundtable is a part.
- The Association for the Advancement of Computers in Education (AACE) is an international, educational, and professional
organization dedicated to the advancement of the knowledge, theory, and quality of
learning and teaching at all levels with
- The Association for Education and Communications Technology (AECT) provides leadership in educational communications
and technology by linking professionals holding a common interest in the use of educational
technology and its application
to the learning process.
- Housed at UNC-Chapel Hill, The Center for Instructional Technology assists faculty, staff, and graduate assistants in achieving
their instructional, research, and other professional objectives by providing support
for commonly used and emerging technologies.
- The Institute for Learning Technologies at Columbia University "works to advance the role of computers and other
information technologies in education and society."
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) "promotes appropriate uses of technology to support and
improve teaching and learning."
- ERIC/IT is the Educational Resources Information Center Clearinghouse on Information and
- EDUCAUSE is a "nonprofit consortium of higher education institutions that facilitates the
introduction, use, and access
to and management of information resources in teaching, learning, scholarship, and
Check on the website ZDNet.com for the latest information on software and hardware.
Internet.com is a helpful resource for network technology information.
Presentations magazine uploads the full text of selected articles related to presentation hardware
and software. The magazine also contains tips for creating and delivering effective
Syllabus Magazine on-line contains highlights of articles focusing on multimedia in education.
Sources of theory & research
A study on the effectiveness of instructional technology at MTSU was conducted among the
faculty in 1998. A second study on the effectiveness of instructional technology at MTSU was conducted among the
students in 1999.
The University of Colorado at Denver's School of Education developed and maintains
a wonderful list of Instructional Technology Connections. In particular, the sections on Theory & Philosophy and Current Research may be of interest.